21 November 2008

All's quiet on the Northern front

Well, it was a quiet night and I got to reading some of our old blog posts. We have gone down the memory lane and captured a lot of our past. Well done guys.

One of our blogs mentions Vinodini and Rosh says "the less said about it the better." You know when I went for my first visit to India I heard some wierd things too. I wouldn't bring it up if my name hadn't been dragged into it.

Someone was calling the MCC department or Thomas hall or something and telling them they were me. The person was not only impersonating me, but also crying that she (I) was being abused by her (my) hubby. That complicates things as YAK was also a department guy. I think somehow our department staff (probably prof. Rajani) figured out it was V making these calls. I didn't hear more about it again. I hope she is okay wherever she is.

What surprises me though is the reason she would pick me to impersonate. We hardly knew each other.

5 comments:

Ladybird said...

well, i think she had a failed marriage and she was prolly trying to hear news of other failed marriages among her peers. I think i wasnt married around the time she was calling me. SHe used to pretend she was Shoba/Kavita etc and she could mimic voices well. Usha used to get calls too.
God knows if she is reading this...

Anonymous said...

Hi,
yes, i got quite a few calls that too at vague times of day/night.early morning. Sad thing is could not help. i had been in my last months of preg and delivery.
i think murali and some one else also got calls. yes different names.. sometimes vinodini ..
I hope everything is ok. And if its vinodini, hope u are doing good now.It sounded like the person was through real tough times.
SM, thanks for doing a write up. suni thx for chat message.
Rosh, for comments.
hope to see some activity here always.
hope u r all doing good. take care
ust

Amos said...

Oops..never thought this could have happened...even I got calls I think in 94/95 cant remember...atleast with me she revealed her real name...but she was talking out of context and I could make out that she was in some trouble and having a hard time in life...but the calls just stopped just the way it started...recently I thought about her when I visited Ooty when I saw the Needle Industries where her dad used to work. I wish she is happy wherever she is now... she was such a gentle soul.........AM

Sunita said...

What is this all about Vinodini? This is news to me. From what I read seems like she had a tough time. She had two close friends, Shoba and the other - I forgot her name they were always together.... even in Martin hall.. Well what ever she is going through I hope God is with her to support her.

Anonymous said...

It was news to me as well when I went back to India the first time. It was a bit of a shock actually considering how well she was doing at MCC. Hope she is alright.