Something has been bothering me for the past one month. No, not my son's eczema or my BP problem. It is the CBI investigation and arrest of three accused in the Sr. Abhaya murder case. Some of you must have heard about it from TV news.
Some other nuns in Kerala have died under mysterious circumstances after Abhaya's death in 1992. But I somehow strongly feel for her case. Probably because she must have been my age when she was killed. She was 21 in 1992 and she was a Plus Two student (nuns usually start college a few years later than the rest of us; I had a few nun classmates in my Pre Degree and BA classes). And she had got up early in the morning setting the alarm to wake up at 4 am. And she had gone down to the kitchen to get some water. There she saw something she shouldnt have and paid for it with her life.
I have provided the link to an article I edited for our last issue. It had made me go through the trauma of the case - powerful, invisible hands had tried to snuff the case out and pass it off as suicide. I hope the truth will come out and the culprits punished though much of the evidence has been destroyed. I hope her soul will rest in peace then.
2 comments:
hi all, sorry to hear these cases.. there are lots like this going around.
u guys have a great vaccation.. and hope to see lot of photos.
ust
I guess no one is safe - even in the sanctum of religion. It is sad and is a shame.
MLK
Post a Comment