09 May 2010

Tight-rope walk?

I wonder how they put the clothes on the line on a daily basis?

5 comments:

ush said...

This was Delhi's style too.
they have a pully kind of system. which they rotate and put clothes/take off.. thats the concept.though hanging clothes outside in public.

Amos said...

Best use of Space!!

Anonymous said...

We make best use of sunlight and are environmentally friendly. When I see how much I use the laundry machine and dryer my heart bleeds - not only for the money we spend on electricity but how much more pollution we add to the environment. Ush, I've seen people in the East dry their clothes out on the line. Is it not common where you live? I probably wouldn't want to see undies hanging in public though!!

MK

ush said...

Maha, i wash our Indian clothes and do put them outside.. sometimes tops in bathroom. but seeing that sunlight and heat is rare.
some areas or subdivisions have restrictions of leaving clothes out for drying.we used to do many loads in summer in our old home.. here it is less.. thanks to woods not much sun at back.
take care.

Roshin said...

That's quite a revelation. thanks ush. I can see the pulleys now.